Sunday, March 30, 2014

Roanoke SPCA : Event Photography

Yesterday I was SO thankful for the opportunity to shoot the Roanoke Valley SPCA's Tail Chaser 5k and dog walk at the beautiful Wasena Park in Roanoke. It was definitely a new type of event for me, but the fact that it involved dogs and running was right up my alley! If anything, it was weird for me to not be at the starting line, but meeting tons of new people and getting to be behind my lens for a more "full time" event was such a breath of fresh air.


Living in Blacksburg, I have to admit I rarely make it to Roanoke outside of traveling to and from the airport. Every time I go however I always wonder why I don't take advantage of this wonderful city more! The forecast was certainly a dreary one, and admittedly had me a little nervous whether the event was going to happen at all. As always though, pet lovers from all over the area showed up in high spirits with their beloved canine companions. From dachshunds to huskies, just about every shape and size of dog sported their event bandanas and were ready for a great run!























For more information on the amazing team and animals behind the SPCA, please check out their website at http://www.rvspca.org/. Having a rescue dog myself, I can guarantee you that adoption will change your life for the better!


No comments:

Post a Comment